Friday, December 26, 2008

Trip to the Mall

No malls in the Boro, so brother Andy takes the Lads and their friend, Nick, and me to a mall in Cigar City. Security guards shake down the Lads. Walking down the driving ramp is a serious matter. I'd never dream of dissing the mall police, so, naturally, I round up the Lads and direct them to the stairs.

Living dangerously.

AndyMan checks out some Auburn University slippers.

Don't buy it here, Andy; they'll steal your card!

AndyMan and I decide to catch the new Jim Carrey movie. View from the second floor of the theater at noon: not so crowded at the food court.

After the movie, the crowd picks up a bit. Apparently, food isn't the big draw at the food court.

My continuing quest to be the next Abercrombie and Fitch model.

The store clerk approaches. "Sir, you're not supposed to take pictures in the mall", she says. "I'm not taking pictures", I protest, "My brother is". I'm invited to leave anyway.

Hey, wait a minute! They're taking pictures here. Apparently Santa doesn't have to play by the rules.

Ted Nugent and Barack Obama are shelfmates. Talk about odd couples!

Damn, I love my job!

Pay no attention to the man behind the plexiglass. The elite mall security squad captain, who informs me that pictures are not allowed at the mall. Well, I guess I'd better not take any pictures, then.

13 comments:

jrtnutt said...

You guys live dangerously!

Chase Squires said...

What?? Pictures are not allowed in the mall? Says who? That would've been my cue to leave ... and then send a letter to the mall operators to let them know I wouldn't be back, and why. What BS

Chase Squires said...

I just went on the Westfield Citrus Park website ... it doesn't say anything about photos. I think the gal was yanking your chain!

superdave524 said...

Outlaws, Tam. We're outlaws!

Chase, the chief security dude told us the same thing. Whether there is actually a policy or not didn't concern me; I generally just ignore policies with which I disagree. I tried to take a couple of pictures right behind the security guys. Okay, not TOO close (didn't wanting them trying to seize my camera).

Star said...

Reminds me of the time a friend and I stole a "Neighborhood Watch" sign.

John in IL said...

SuperDave: A rebel with a dumb cause.

(and you're more Fitch than Ambercrombie)

superdave524 said...

Stealing a neighborhood watch sign?Oh, that's rich!

John, I prefer Tom Petty's monniker: A Rebel without a Clue.

Mr. Matt said...

SuperD, they have a machine in that mall that don't nothing but take pictures. Mall security oughta confiscate that mother, I mean since it's a policy.

Mr. Matt said...

By the way, the slippers were a big hit :)

superdave524 said...

Oh, you right. You right. Very selective policy there. I'm glad the slippers were a hit.

kate said...

You rebels, you!

superdave524 said...

To quote Chase, just fightin' the Man!

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical. No pictures? What, is it a Top Secret Ultra area?