Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Roadtrip: Florida, Part Three

Florida welcomes the Lads and their friend, Nick.

Visiting Uncle Bob and Aunt Maggie in Orlando.

Three-D fries at Five Brothers Hamburgers just East of Tampa. Kate, you do not want to see the hamburgers (but they were GOOD!).

AndyMan by the Hillsborough River. This park is about a block from Andy's house.
These people will never miss a couple of oranges.

AndyMan's fellow Ultra-Marathoner, Jon, who lives only a few blocks away.

Tall buildings in one section of downtown Tampa. Okay, it ain't NYC; still, the tallest building in the Boro is three stories.

If this gal wants to haul ass, she's got to make two trips!

A.P. Leto Comprehensive High School: My alma mater.

The Tampa campus of Stetson School of Law. It was built after I graduated at the main lawschool campus in Gulfport.

Greek Omlet at Nicko's Diner in Tampa. The menu says "Elvis Ate Here "1956"", and "Family owned and operated since 1980". I'm not an ace in math, but...

The Twins with their cousin, Alison.

I don't know where to go from here, so I reckon I'll stop. We had a side trip to the Mall, which I'll post later.

6 comments:

jrtnutt said...

Great pics, thanks. Tell your boys the parts of their face I can are handsome. :)

Chase Squires said...

Fun in the sun ... except, as I recall, anything down by the river was a bad neighborhood, no?

Man, Jon got old! (sorry jon)

Mr. Matt said...

Chase Jon doesn't even read his e-mail let alone blog. He does have an idea for a dating site that I think could catch on though, he wants to call it: E-Horny.

And Chase anymore the river lots have been gentrified, kicked out all the poor folk and put up big ole houses just like everywhere else.

Chase Squires said...

Re: river lots, okay, good work.

Chase Squires said...

Merry Christmas, dudes. :-D

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Tam. Cousin Itt and his brother will be notified.

It's really a pretty nice neighborhood, Chase. Lots of trees and character, and it seems to be improving; unlike Town and Country, which was pretty nice when we lived there, but seems to be in decline. As to Jon: many miles and lots of beer apparently doesn't suit everyone equally. Just 'cause you can do it, doesn't mean ever'body can.

...and I can say that because I choose to believe Andy when he says that there is virtually no chance Jon will ever see this!