Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thanks, John.

After spending the morning in Beaufort, I came home to see this box on my doorstep. The only parcel I've been expecting is a roaster pan from Sears. I don't know anybody in Groves, Texas. Who's Nancy Pellerin? Hmmmm. Seems I recall Col getting a surprise mug a couple of weeks ago, which I figured must have come from Illinois Internet friend John. Betcha that's a mug.

Well, waddya know? And a smiley face, too. The timing couldn't've been better, either. Though the Christmas season has been fun, I only had one present to actually open for Christmas: a nice coffee maker from the kids. Say, and this'll go nicely with that, too, won't it? Thanks, John.

6 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Why nice mug. I only had 1 present to actually open too, but it was a beautiful picture of the Ali-girl and that was nice, still it was a good Christmas season (if you like popcorn, and I do :)

superdave524 said...

True, dat. The trip(s) to Tampa were good. Diggin' the books and the shirt from you. UB and AM were generous. Boss gave me a bottle of wine and some cookies. So it was good. The mug was a nice bonus.

superdave524 said...

(and a whiskey and glass set from Ange).

John in IL said...

Glad you liked it, Dave. Thanks again for your contribution. And sending anonymous packages with coffee mugs in them is fun. I'm the Ted Kaczynksi of coffee mugs.

Mr. Matt said...

Years ago I sent my buddy Bill Stewart a Seinfeld cereal bowl. It was sent straight from the manufacturer, and he was calling the company and all asking what was in this package, fear wouldn't allow him to open it. They eventually told him I sent it and he opened it (hey, I'm no cereal killer!)

superdave524 said...

Just doing my bit to keep interesting blogs around, John. Teddy K mugged his peeps in an altogether different way.

Love the cereal killer joke, Ange. I pass along various versions each year.