Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You Don't Mess Around with Tiramisu.




Among the treats Lady Di has recently prepared was a pan of tiramisu. Espresso, cream cheese, sugar (regular and confectioners) coffee liquor, lady fingers (I had to hunt at five different stores to find the ladyfingers, but it was worth it), and, what? Oh, what do you do with this batch of egg whites?


Or, as Michael Jackson had it:



Right, beat it! Mix the sugar, cocoa and cream cheese, fold in the beaten egg whites to make the filling. Drizzle the espresso/coffee liquor/confectioner's sugar concoction over the lady fingers, spread the filling and sprinkle some cocoa over the top, and refrigerate. I'd've taken a picture of the finished tiramisu, but I ate it too fast!

4 comments:

Star said...

Sounds wonderful! I think you got yourself one good gourmet chef in Lady Di.

Anonymous said...

I agree Star!.....and she got one appreciative food tester! fdb

superdave524 said...

Ladies, you are so right! 'Course, today's Diane's B'Day and I'm going to do the cooking. I'll let you know if there are any survivors.

Anonymous said...

A most HAPPY birthday to the Lady Di! fdb