Monday, February 28, 2011

Ultra-Marathon Man.




My brother, the Amazing AndyMan, just finished his most recent 100 mile race, The Rocky Roads 100 in California, in 22 hours and 21 minutes; good enough for a 9th place finish and a belt buckle prize worthy of Aaron Rodgers and the WWE. This morning's Parade Magazine featured an article about ultra-marathon darling Dean Karnazes. Andy and Dean have run in some of the same races. In 2009, Andy and Dean both ran The Great Western States Endurance Run. Andy said the race was brutal. He was the very last runner to finish, in 30:37 an 243rd place, but he ran every mile of it. Dean dropped after 19 hours, rating a final listing of 275th place. There is no doubt that Dean is a great athlete, and he deserves the accolades he gets. But my money's on my Bro. Congrats, A-Man.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

9th place! I'm impressed! I don't see how he does it. fdb

Star said...

He IS the Amazing Andyman! He'd kick Karno's @$$ any day.

superdave524 said...

Yeah, we're lucky to have him, aren't we? Oh, by the way, I owe A-Man an apology: his buckle is SILVER, not bronze, because he finished in less than 24 hours.

Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't come across as being "wise", because I am really interested----what does one do with all of these buckles? fdb

COL said...

congrats!

superdave524 said...

I think he's got a drawer or something, Frandy.

I'll pass it along, Col.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking more along the lines of display. :) fdb

superdave524 said...

Andy'd never display his drawers, Frandy!

Mr. Matt said...

I love Dean! He's really a pretty nice guy, and let me tell you, if I had his coin and life, I don't think you'd see me running even a 10K. That said, bring it Dean!

Thanks SuperD, you are the man!

Mr. Matt said...

As for the Buckles, I actually wear them once in a while. This one is dinner plate sized, so I won't wear it often. But, I"m thinking a display is a better idea. But I don't run for the buckles, I do it for the free Hammer Gels!

superdave524 said...

You're welcome, Andy.