Monday, February 21, 2011

The Red Rocker

FYI: I'm not a DIY guy. I've mentioned this before. For some folks, the maxim "If you want something done right, do it yourself" is Gospel. Not so for SD. If I want something done right, I'll recruit somebody.
Still, I am a man, and I'm pretty sure the "Dude Code" requires that I try to do some things myself. I looked at the dull rocking chairs on our front porch, and suggested to Lady Di that we paint them. "White paint would look nice", opined Diane. "Ah, yes, Diane, but is not the theme of Walterboro's Chamber of Commerce "The Front Porch of the Lowcountry"?", I asked. "Why yes, Dear Husband", replied my Distaff Half. "And is not the symbol of this campaign a red rocking chair?", I pressed. Diane sighed heavily, and ultimately agreed that it was our duty to the Boro to paint the rocking chairs red.
.So, we checked our supply of sanding blocks, some white primer, brushes, tarps, cans, and mineral spirits, and supplemented our stock with several cans of Krylon "Banner Red" spraypaint at the local edition of a national discount super-store.

Then we sanded, brushed and sprayed throughout the day. Our work was not perfect, but it wasn't too bad, either, and we got our red rockers.

7 comments:

Star said...

Looks like Sammy's dressed for success. Maybe you could borrow his outfit for your next tour through the Boro :)

Diane said...

A good time was had by all! I thought they turned out pretty darn good after the day was done. Gotta invite folks over at night to see them and we will be ok. I really did want them to be red. It was the green shutters that made me think of Christmas, but what the heck they are a big improvement.

Mr. Matt said...

The Red Rocker is kinder than the John Rocker. If you sit in it you cuss out your neighbors! (that's funny right there!)

superdave524 said...

I would, Star, but Marty McFly came back from the future and took all my parachute pants!

We, did good, huh, Hon?

You're a funny guy, Ange.

Anonymous said...

I'M IMPRESSED! They look as good or better than then ones Anne and I put 3 coats of paint on (after primer) for the back porch of the farm!!! fdb

Anonymous said...

P.S. Ours are red also. fdb

superdave524 said...

Two words, Frandy: trick photography!