Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Day at the Beach.

When asked how he liked a job he'd recently acquired, my brother, the Amazing AndyMan, once said, "What can I tell you? If they paid me to drink beer and watch sports on t.v., I wouldn't like it because they'd tell me when to do it". Things change. I have it on good authority that he does like his current job... though they still tell him when to do it. The Public Defender's Office isn't a bad gig, all in all. The other day I had a hearing on Edisto Island, which was, quite literally, a day at the beach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Andy's job? Is he "playing well with others" ? :) fdb

superdave524 said...

He's teaching at Tampa Catholic, Frandy. Who knew that someone whose distain for school was second only to mine would end up teaching? Actually, this weekend he's off to Southern California to run yet another 100 mile race.

Anonymous said...

I missed the past tense of your question-----------I knew that he worked at T.C., but thought you meant a NEW job. Teaching is nothing like having to attend, Dave. :) fdb

superdave524 said...

I think the job of which Andy spoke was with WD-40, but I'm not sure. As to teaching, I guess it's better to be the boss, but I still get the willies when I get too close to the Principal's office.