Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Christmas Traditions. Part I

Lady Di and I put up a few Christmas lights, set out some old decorations, and bought a little tree last weekend. In going through her old ornaments, I found a few that were funny, in a kind of dark way. My friend, Gale, noted that my "ornery-ments" post was a little cynical. "Get in the Christmas spirit. I hear you bought some new ornaments. Post them". Fair enough.

Diane brought me to Pier One Imports to look at candles last weekend. This is not something I did during my bachelor incarnation. I don't mean I seldom visited Pier One when I was single; I mean that I NEVER during that stretch visited Pier One (or Bed, Bath and Beyond. Or Hallmark. Or any other place where more than ten percent of the inventory is scented candles). Hardee's stock, on the otherhand, has taken a beating since I wed. But I digress... Whilst at POI, we acquired new ornaments to mark our new adventure. This first one reminded me of my oldest son. Kind of goofy, but special. Here's to you, Davis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am anxious to see other ornaments! :) fdb

superdave524 said...

Your wish is my command (tomorrow)