Monday, December 20, 2010

Leaf Me Alone.

On the first day of Christmas, I'm pretty sure the pear tree in which the partridge perched wasn't a Callery Pear Tree. Sure, Callery Pears are pretty. But if the pear tree that that present presenting personage was a Callery, said dude better've gotten his lady a decent yard-guy to go with it, because those trees are messy. Big time.


I think I moved ten or twelve wagon loads of those stupid leaves. Times like these, I remember the words of an interesting old bloke who owns a jewelry store downtown: "I got no use for anything deciduous". Amen, brother. Amen.

4 comments:

Star said...

...but it sure is pretty!

On the other hand, semi-deciduous oak trees aren't much fun, so I understand your leaf beef.

superdave524 said...

Leaf beef! Har!

jd bryan said...

Better than water oaks that dribble leaves all winter.

superdave524 said...

Yeah, John, but I can ignore little oak leaves with impunity.