Saturday, April 17, 2010

Car.

I got a new ride after I sold the Manor. My last car- a rather sour acting gray VW Passat- was named Squidward. It's predecessor- my theretofore favorite car, a yellow Mustang convertible- was named Spongebob. I haven't named the new one yet. Hmmm. It's a Fusion (a Ford product), and, as you can see, it's black. Guess that makes it a Black Ford, just like my Uncle Bob. Maybe his name is Bob. I already had SpongeBob, though. I thought about Jackie Chan. I'm not sure why...

9 comments:

Star said...

Sa-WEET! CONGRATS :) I love that new car smell.

superdave524 said...

It IS a cool smell. I'd get that in a cologne, but, well, there'd be unwarranted expectations of a decent income...

Anonymous said...

I can tell its new---there is no pollen build-up!! (I like it, by the way.) :) fdb

Mr. Matt said...

It's a Fusion, how about Nuke. Or Duke Nukem, or just Duke, or lil Wayne (in honor of John Wayne, the Duke) oh, that's fision, never mind! (oh, you could call it Emily!)

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Frandy. The pollen's been awful. I took that pic minutes after I got the car (whatever his or her name is).

Duke? Maybe. It's got kind of a cool Duke Ellington thing working, too.

COL said...

jackie chan jackie chan

Anonymous said...

I thought inanimate objects were always "hers"---however Squidward and SpongeBob kinda break that mold! "Black Beauty" comes to mind, although that is a bit dated. :) fdb

superdave524 said...

Ships and, at one time, hurricanes, were given feminine monickers, for sure, Frandy. Cars? I think it depends on the car.

Thanks for weighing in, Col. It's gonna be Jackie Chan or Duke Ellington, I think.

jrtnutt said...

Nice Car Dave. Either name is good. I like Duke though...