Monday, April 5, 2010

Pillow Talk.

Not everything I got rid of in the great migration went in the yardsale. Lots of stuff just got pitched. My reading pillow had quite obviously seen better days. Most nights when I'd use it to read in bed, it'd leave a trail of crumbled foam rubber in its wake. I've used so much duct tape on it, it looked some sort of funky bondage toy. No question, it had to go, but that didn't mean I had to be happy about it. Why? Because I'm a guy. You've seen it in sitcoms and in beer commercials: husband/boyfriend reluctantly parts with hideous memento of a by-gone time. Stuffed mooseheads, velvet elvi, and novelty lamps find their way to the dump while some silly dude sulks. Clearly, the tattered reading pillow had to go, but, well, I'm a guy...

8 comments:

Star said...

That picture makes me laugh.

There are thousands of uses for duct tape, but I've never thought about using it on a pillow.

superdave524 said...

I always figured, if fly paper caught flies, duck tape oughta...

jrtnutt said...

Take a picture of yourself with it for keepsake.
I've had a couple things I couldn't part with, until they were so worn out I couldn't wear them anymore...mostly shoes.

superdave524 said...

Good to hear from you, Tam. I thought you'd gone missing. The love of shoes, clearly, shows you've got sole.

Mr. Matt said...

Ali calls duct tape Jesus Tape, and I know why! Three years ago I had to duct tape the bottom of my bumper to reduce wind drag and wind drag noise. 383 trips to Croom, 12 trips to SC and 1 trip to Vermont later, the Jesus Tape holds. Awesome!

Oh, and sorry (ish) about your pillow.

superdave524 said...

Jesus Tape? Love it!

jrtnutt said...

I'm still kicking. Feeling better. Looking forward to life :)

superdave524 said...

You da gal, Tam.