Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cheese, Three, Four and Five

Why didn't I form a band in the 70's? Just didn't have The Knack. Now, a few years later, some dude stole my name and did make a decent living playing music.


If Harry Chapin had taken himself just a little more seriously, and dressed just a little more gaudily, he might have been make the poll; instead, the oh-so-earnest Terry Jacks is number four in the Cheese list.


Number Five? Well, usually, four is a set, but, AndyMan was absolutely right: no 70's Cheese poll would be complete without Alan O'Day. Throw in Charlie's Angels for good measure, pull out the leisure suits and let's get down!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Sharona
skinny ties and grammy nominations. Not good enough

Seasons in the Sun
white people afros are cheesy, but...

Undercover Angel
Charlie says no. Unmined cheese is waiting to be found.

superdave524 said...

My Sharona was not considered cheesy in its day, but it does not hold up very well. Call it aged cheese.

Okay, I agree, there's plenty of cheese out there. I'm taking nominations.

superdave524 said...

Okay, John, how bout this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iMfYtiKe6KY

Song: very cheesy. "I said, "Hi", she said, "Yeah, I guess I am". Sadly, the video, though cheesy, is not by the original artist.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is very cheesy. And it's the first time I've ever heard it (I was a young thing back then so my memories aren't the best).

My nomination for the best cheese of the 70s has to be this song. What's better than a hook up with your cheatin' old lady?

superdave524 said...

Absolutely. The Pina Colada Song is exceptionally cheesy.

Mr. Matt said...

Starland Vocal Band. Nough Said, he shoots, it's in flight, and he scores!

superdave524 said...

Oh, yeah!

Mr. Matt said...

It's cheezey cheeze cheese!
try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzzjq2dBaM

superdave524 said...

Okay, animated Ron Burgundy is good; SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward doing the Ron Burgundy version of Afternoon Delight is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYJ7v_5-5w&feature=related

Mr. Matt said...

Much better. There's also a Lego version of the Ron Burgandy bit, but we've had enough delight, google it if you dare.