Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tyler's Big Adventure.

Last post I mentioned home improvement stores. That reminds me of a tale from the past. I got four kids. I've mentioned that a time or two. The youngest two, my identical twin boys, Taylor and Tyler, are 14 years old and getting kind of big. They were mighty cute when they were young, but they always had a propensity for mischief. When the Lads were three of four years old, I took them with me to a home improvement store in another county. I was discussing appliances or countertops or something of that sort with one of the experts there, when Tyler mentioned an urgent need to "go number 1". "Hold on just a minute, Son, and I'll take you to the bathroom". As I continued to discuss the finer points of countertops with the sales dude, I noticed that the Twins had disappeared. I was mildly distressed, and started looking about for the boys. They strode from the front of the store, smiling. "All right, Tyler, let's go to the bathroom", I offered. "No, Daddy. I already went". Hmmm. The bathrooms are to the back, they had emerged from the front. This didn't bode well. "Uh, Son, could you show me where you went?" "Sure, Dad". Well, no plumbing for the floor models, but it was, technically, a toilet. I wonder if they sold it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow with the picture, I knew where this was going! (I know two other kids I wouldn't put this past!) Cute story! :) fdb

Mr. Matt said...

Russ and Dave! Wouldn't put it past them either!

That's why I like the woods, the toliet is never broken.

Anonymous said...

Andy---Russ wasn't one I had in mind, huuuummmm, maybe I should make that 3 kids. :)

superdave524 said...

I'm afraid the apple didn't fall too far from the tree on that one for the Twin or Andy and me, Frandy. Dad actually took us from the house outside to take care of business one day. Something about a guy's absolute right to, er, water the plants.

Anonymous said...

.......and kill grass!!! (last post, promise! :] )

superdave524 said...

Well, everythings got a down-side, I suppose.

Star said...

Did he at least put the seat down when he was done?

superdave524 said...

I'm just happy he put the lid up before he went.