Monday, March 22, 2010

The Big Unit.

I'm a public defender now, but I had a general solo private practice for seven years before this gig. I never figured out how to make a ton of money, but I had plenty of cases. Consequently, I've got lots and lots of case files. Miles and miles of files, as an old Moody Blues song had it. I've got to hang on to them for at least seven years, some of them longer than that. I've had 'em packed in a storage shed behind the Manor, but the shed is among the casualties of the pending sale of the house. So, I got to move them. I rented a big storage unit, and managed to enlist Daughter Caroline to help me out. I knew these kids'd come in handy eventually.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Good job honey (and Caroline and Davis too)! All of the boxes moved as of last week...2 weeks before move too.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
superdave524 said...

Thanks, Darlin'.

Star said...

Ditto. I have several boxes of client files that I have to keep for who knows how long. It's not like I don't have enough junk of my own...

superdave524 said...

You got that right, Star. 'Course, as burdens go, I suppose it's not like we rate a blues song...

Mr. Matt said...

Hey that storage unit qualifies as the neatest room in your house!

superdave524 said...

Careful, Cowboy. That might be your room on Thursday!