Saturday, July 4, 2009

I'm Your Handy Man, Redux

Fixing stuff and putting stuff together is not in my DNA. What I fear my kids have learned from late night Christmas Eves sneaking a look at Santa Claus putting together Christmas toys is that Santa is unafraid to use the Lord's name in vain- especially on his birthday. Still, the household resident arrangements appear to be changing (the Lads are moving out, and their older sister is moving in), so the household configuration has got to be changed. Caroline'll get the Twins' room; I'll have to create another bedroom, since the house only came with two. Space is at a premium, so a loft for a twin bed and a futon for multi-use underneath in a little alcove off the big room seems to be the answer. Problem is, nobody sells this stuff delivered and put together anymore (well, not at a price I'm willing to pay, anyhow). So, how did I spend my Fourth?

What is all this crap?

This an "N" or a "Z"? List of parts doesn't have either, though they do refer to in later in the instructions.

Looks like I'm building a car or sumpin'.

Well, looky there! Success. Doesn't look too bad, and it seems my gamble that the futon would fit under the twin bed paid off.

Now I just gotta deal with this.

11 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Nice job, I always end up with extra pieces, you did well, young Skywalker! (err, Old Streetwalker ... wait that doesn't sound right either)

superdave524 said...

All those pieces and I had only one machine screw extra. And, of the walkers, streetwalker is more akrit (intentionally missspelled).

jrtnutt said...

Nice Job Dave. Want to replant my front yard?

superdave524 said...

Tam, you've posted pictures of your backyard. If your front yard looks remotely like it, I'd only mess it up.

Star said...

That's kinda how I felt when I saw my Black Mamba broken down into ten pieces parts in the bike box...it's a little unnerving. I sure hope that Swiss bike mechanic knows what he's doing.

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Wow you actually read directions? I am impressed with all those parts that look like they could be overwhelming. Great job!

superdave524 said...

...and I'm betting the BM wasn't cheap, either, was it, Star?

Thanks, JG.

Star said...

heh heh...you said "BM."

superdave524 said...

You're a funny gal, Star (and kick some @ss in your IronMan triathalon in Switzerland!).

Mr. Matt said...

Er, to the guy that painted around the dresser, I'm not going near that thing!

superdave524 said...

Shhh! Don't tell the kids. Heck, Ange, I hardly ever take those sorts of shortcuts anymore.