Friday, July 10, 2009

Aerosmith

I'm taking my baby girl to Tampa this weekend to see Aerosmith and ZZ Top. We'll stay Saturday night with my brother, the Amazing AndyMan. Got to say I'm jazzed (or, perhaps rocked). Though I liked- and still like- Dream On, my first Aerosmith album was Toys in the Attic. I was maybe a year older than the Twins are now when I got it, and several years younger than my daughter is now. She's taking a girl with whom she's been friends for the majority of their lives. They used to listen to then-current Aerosmith when they were in first grade. I'll post pictures when I get back.

10 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Hey aren't those Aerospace boys Oriental? They do that song, Wok this Way!

Jersey Girl 46 said...

I hope you see this, the concert has been canceled. Steven Tyler had some sort of incident. It's on the St Pete Times paper www.sptimes.com

Mr. Matt said...

Er, the concert has been cancelled at worst, postponed at best. They say for some time in October :(

superdave524 said...

Thanks, JG and Andy. Y'all got me the word in time. The good news, at least, is that I got to sleep in this morning.

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Whew I was worried. I felt like a goof ball emailing you. On the bright side, you have October to look forward to!

superdave524 said...

It was a very thoughtful thing to do, JG. I appreciate it very much.

Star said...

I LOVE Aerosmith! I once had tix, but decided to fly home instead. I missed Aerosmith AND Lenny Kravitz. Bummer...I hope they come back around.

superdave524 said...

Me too, Star.

COL said...

ro smith. alright! what a nice way to treat your daughter to a bday experience .. too tho bad it got postponed. i am a fan of their older stuff too. my little brother had the toys in the attic boxed set and played it relentlessly. good stuff.

superdave524 said...

You gotta love "Rocks", too, Col.