Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stealing Smackdown: The Poll

Roger Miller and the Pretenders narrowly beat the Boss in the last Smackdown. The last Smackdown was not a huge ratings success. Oldest child suggests that you guys are tired of Smackdowns. We'll see what happens with this one. The choices this time are: Jane's Addiction, Dr. Berniece Johnson, Ben Harper and the Dead Kennedys. Vote in the upper left-hand corner. Vote for more than one, if you want. Vote more than once if you can (though you may need a second computer to do it).

10 comments:

Star said...

Lemme guess, your brother suggested the wimpy Ben Harper song...

superdave524 said...

Actually, Star, it was Kate's suggestion, but you are correct that AndyMan is not the rocker that you and I are. Sadly, I think his nephew (my oldest) inherited that same whimp gene and would wholeheartedly concur with Ben's selection.

superdave524 said...

('course, Andy's anything but a whimp in the sports arena, as you well know).

Chase Squires said...

Damn, I LOVED the Heist band! Word to your mutha!

superdave524 said...

Really my fault, Chase. I got to stop posting so many videos at once; nobody'll see 'em all until it's too late. Live and don't learn, I guess.

Mr. Matt said...

I did however vote for the wimpy Ben Harper song, what I like him!

Dan Fogelberg versus Ted Nugent, hey man, I was the one with the chick, let's not forget that!

Star said...

I KNEW that Dan Fogelberg/Ted Nugent story would come up...again.

superdave524 said...

Yep. I went with my buds to see the Motor City Madman, and Andy saw the Leader of the Band. And he did get the girl. Andy's a lover AND a fighter, but not a rocker.

Mr. Matt said...

What Star, fourth time's the charm. And I knew, you knew you'd hear that story again.

Ted joined the NRA and Dan is among the MIA.

superdave524 said...

Love to see them in a Texas Cage match. Dan starts singing "Longer Than", then Ted shoots an arrow through Dan's neck... Kinda like that animated classic Bambi versus Godzilla.