Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kill Bill, David Carradine, and the Meaning of Life.

Like a lot of Americans, I've been reading accounts of the death of actor David Carradine. Like a lot of trailing-edge Baby Boomers, I watched him in Kung Fu. Like a lot of Quentin Tarantino fans, I watched him in Kill Bill. The details of his death, and the conclusions to be drawn from the details, are apparently still evolving, but he clearly he died alone and far from home. He died like his television character lived. He died like lots of folks live. Here's to you, David.

For the rest of us, here's the last five or six minutes of Kill Bill, Vol. 2. If you haven't seen the movie, and intend to see it, you probably ought not to watch this clip just yet (and, you ought see it. Cool soundtrack, cool action, and cool visuals- just what you'd expect from Quentin Tarantino- in what turns out to be a relationship movie. Who knew?):

5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

5 point palm exploding palm, that's all I'm saying.

And hey, how good was Madison Hannah at Elle? I'm going with very!

Chase Squires said...

"He died like his television character lived?" ... I NEVER saw Grasshopper do anything quite like that? What channel were you watching??

superdave524 said...

Very, indeed, Ange.

A metaphor, Chase. A metaphor. Qui Chang Caine was a peace-loving dude, but he was far from home and he was a loner.

Star said...

Kill Bill is where I got the name for my Orbea: Black Mamba.

superdave524 said...

Killer, Star.