Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When the Chips are Down.

I love food, and there aren't many things I won't eat; this, however, offended my sense of food morality: Baby Back Rib flavored Potato Chips. I've no quarrel with seasoned potato chips. Salt, vinegar, even dill or pepper are okay. Spices, generally, are dandy. But a whole other kind of food? I'm fairly certain that this combination of food-group fouls violates at least seven Levitican dietary laws. It's wrong, I tell you! 'Course, it may also taste good...

6 comments:

Star said...

Do you think McDonald's 'McRib' sandwich is real meat?

superdave524 said...

Corrugated meat, for sure. Now the species? Couldn't tell you.

jrtnutt said...

They are just like barbecue potato chips. You don't like barbecue chips?
I like them but too much salt.

superdave524 said...

I tried one a little while ago, Tam. I'm not a fan. Salt is good, but if I want pork, I'll eat a pig.

JAJG said...

I love Herr's Potato chips but it doesn't bode well with my marathon training. However, the bbq is too much for me. Give me Sour Cream and Onion and a Birch Beer.

superdave524 said...

Welcome, JAJG. Herr's chips are good for the soul. For the body? Not so much. I'm gonna run the Kiawah Marathon in December. The chips are gonna have to be WAY down for me to do it in better than a crawl.