Saturday, May 23, 2009

Road Smackdown: The Poll

Last smackdown, Angel Heart ruled the self-seeking movie polls; this time, we've got five selections for the tournament: Roger Miller's "King of the Road", Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again", Thunder Road by Springsteen, Middle of the Road with The Pretenders, and former Fleetwood Mac-ian Lindsey Buckingham's Holiday Road.

In other news, yer basic Coupon King (er, me) saved a whopping $84.65 at Bi-Lo between newspaper coupons and store discounts. Brought the bill down from $268.03 to $187.38, thankyouverymuch.

5 comments:

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Where is BiLo and what is your secret on the coupon savings? I have been trying to cut expenses and live within a fry cooks salary (not really a fry cook, but I am aspiring to be one)...

Please share the secret...

superdave524 said...

JG-

I clip coupons (check my original post on this at: http://intheboro.blogspot.com/2008/09/cheap-trick.html), and check the store newspaper things they send out. I stock up on things that are on sale even if I don't need them immediately (I bought six pounds of ground beef instead of three because it was two dollars off. Put it into freezer bags about a pound each and put the bags in the freezer). I treat it like a game. I spend a half hour to an hour on Sunday clipping the coupons, then pore through the store papers when they come. It's fun.

Mr. Matt said...

Oww, my fault for breaking my home Internet, but how did Steve Earle not make the poll?

Copperhead Road rules

superdave524 said...

Tried to, Ange, but "embedding disabled by request" put the kibosh on that one.

col said...

happy blated birthday SD! the road of life.

as for the poll, i am goin with john lee hooker and jim morrisson, thanks for overlooking the technicality. so worth it.