Thursday, May 28, 2009

Twin Peaks.

I stay on the trailing edge of most trends. I was born at the tail end of the Baby Boom. Started running in my forties. Didn't by a c.d. player for years. Stands to reason that I've only just now discovered the Early Nineties t.v. classic, Twin Peaks. My oldest discovered a cool CBS classic t.v. website where you can watch old series for free. Check out this one for Twin Peaks.The show ran for less than two full seasons, but in 1990 through 1991, it was the bomb. I didn't watch it then, but I sure knew about producer David Lynch and actors Kyle McLachlan and Lara Flynn Boyle. Since he's gotten back from school, Davis has spent hours in front of the computer screen, and I can't help but look over his shoulder from time to time. It was a beautifully bizarre show. The camera angles and background props in the show were frequently most unusual, as were the storylines and the dialogue. Guess I'll have to start at the beginning and watch all 30 episodes.

10 comments:

jrtnutt said...

Hey that's cool Dave. I watched Twin Peaks when it was on. It was very popular. I also watched Star Trek, The Love Boat. We didn't have much to chose from back then.

superdave524 said...

Too true, Tam. Too true.

Chase Squires said...

It's very cool for the first half, then the episodes start to freak out and lose their way ... the dancing dwarves? What'ev!

Also, skip the follow up movie, Fire Walk With Me .. p.o.s. ...

check out Hulu.com ... freaking tons of old and new TV free online ... I love watching old Lou Grant episodes ...

col said...

woo hoo cbs.com! you will also find a ton of old shows on tv.com.

superdave524 said...

Wait. Let me write this down. Oh, yeah... Anyway, thanks, Guys.

Jersey Girl 46 said...

wow this is cool.

kate said...

Twin Peaks was a great series.

Do you know if they have Brooklyn Bridge or Wonder Years? I've been trying to find those series for years now.

superdave524 said...

It is cool, isn't it, Tam. Kate, Col's tv.com has The Wonder Years and Brooklyn Bridge.

kate said...

You can't watch them though, right? Or am I missing something?

superdave524 said...

Oh, hey, JG. Didn't see you there for a minute.

My bad, Kate. Ratings, summaries and comments for those two shows, but no videos. Sorry about that.