Friday, April 3, 2009

Wisteria Hysteria.

Purple wisteria flowers are omipresent for about two weeks; then the flowers fade or fall until the next year.
"Grapes! Huh-huh-huh. Love you, Caroline (or Dad)". A few years ago, my daughter pointed out that the flowers look like bunches of grapes. Since then, we've played a game to see who can spot the "grapes" first. The Lads and I play now, too, though it will always be my girl's game. The winner gets nothing but satisfaction, but the Lads go at it with vigor.

11 comments:

my friend Amy said...

I finished my run about an hour ago with a fist full I'd picked. Surprisingly the blooms withstood the last 3/4 mile bouncing up and down in my paw. My living room is now perfumed with the lovely fragrance of wisteria rather than the dog pee I came home to after work. Spring is good, dog is bad.

superdave524 said...

Funny stuff, Amy. Wisteria is, indeed, better smelling than probably 93% of all dog urine.

Jersey Girl 46 said...

I never knew the name of the "grapes". I had a tree in my yard at my old house. I use to call it the Lent tree (for the purple color. I use to take handfuls and put them around my house to scare off the opossums and raccoons that ate my veggies.

superdave524 said...

Lent tree, JG? Cool name. About the right time, too.

Jersey Girl 46 said...

I have my moments with naming things smile

Chase Squires said...

Well, we were supposed to get a blizzard today, no grapes just yet ... all we got was a cold wind. No snow.

speaking of pissing, don't piss those grapes off, nobody wants to suffer the wrath of grapes.

superdave524 said...

Indeed, JG.

Chase, you're a regular John Steinway.

Star said...

The best memory I have of Wisteria is at the Umstead 50-miler...where Andy and Dr. Frank are kicking @$$ as we speak...

superdave524 said...

Go, Andy! Go, Dr. Frank! Thanks for reminding me, Star.

COL said...

pretty

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Col.