Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Week?

Trying to exercise some "girl power" in Kenya, several women's groups have organized a boycott on sex to compel their significant others to "play nice" with each other. The boycott time frame is for the staggering term of one week, which, in Kenya, is apparently a really, really long time to go without sex. That picket line had better be tight, as Kenya is polygamous. Asked for comment, a Kenyan official indicated that he was unaware of any boycott.

The Barenaked Ladies survived One Week:

9 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Ah, the BNL, seen them a couple times, the wail .. check out their kids album, "snacktime," (no cocaine jokes, even though they keep getting busted for cocaine) ... the song crazy alphabet is a hoot, www.myspace.com/barenakedladies

superdave524 said...

Will do, Chaser.

John in IL said...

Boycott, Schmoycott.

superdave524 said...

What? Have I drifted into irrelevance yet again?

Star said...

Uhhh, the lead singer for BNL sure doen't LOOK like he's a coke user. He must be enjoying too many snacks.

Mr. Matt said...

One week? What, I'd explo....BAM!

superdave524 said...

Funny stuff, Star.

Yeah, Ange, I'm technically dead, too.

kate said...

Yikes. Not sure that whole plan will work. Might just make 'em angry.

On the other hand. I can think of several other BETTER reasons not to have sex with men in Kenya.

But I digress...

That song is so me. I am the kinda girl who laughs at a funeral. I do have a history of taking off my shirt. I do think it's funny when you're mad.

superdave524 said...

But I'm never mad, Kate. Wait. That's not true. I'm pretty much mostly not mad except in traffic. Mostly.