Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reflections on Turning Fifty.

I turned fifty a few days ago. After my old buddy Russ did it five months ago, I figured that this might happen to me. My fiance, the lovely Lady Di, bought me a super-duper chair, and put together an amazing party for me, too. My brother, the Amazing AndyMan, came up from Tampa, as did high school buddies Phil and Terrie. My oldest (non-relative) friend, Russ, and his girlfriend, and his mom (who, as I've mentioned not a few times in this space, is my "second mom"), Frandy, drove up from Panama City, FL. My running partner, Kevin, and his fiance made it, along with lots of friends from Church and out and about (I'll post more pictures on FaceBook, if you wanna look). An early rain burned off, and the weather was perfect. Lots of food, music, and camaraderie were made possible by the hard work and planning of my true love, Diane. Out of a slew of blessings for which I am grateful, Diane is my greatest.



I love you, Baby.

5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

and the eats were good too. and the drinks.... well, I'm never drinking again!

Unknown said...

Lady Di is SUPER for sure and you are a lucky man. The party was great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

......"blessings for which I am grateful, Diane is the greatest"...which she should be! You did good, David, but then so did she! Love you both, we had a blast. Came home rejuvenated. :) fdb

Star said...

Happy Birthday and many more Superdave! Glad you had fun on your BIG day!

superdave524 said...

Ange, I'd be willing to be you won't drink alcoholic beverages for six days. After your hunnerd miler this Saturday, you'll've earned a Bud.

Great to have you there, Gale. I had a fine time at your manor today.

Thanks, Frandy. It was a wonderful treat it was to see you (and the rest of the Florida contingient). Save us some eggs; we'll get down there for another visit eventually.

Thanks, Star. Andy passed along your regards. Y'all have a grand time in Wisconsin this week. I'll be praying for you and thinking about you both.