Monday, May 10, 2010

Attack of the Gingers!

Lady Di and I made a one hour trek to Kiawah Island for "Blues by the Sea". The Freshfield Market venue was verdant, and a nice sea breeze and a spot in the shade made for pleasant afternoon. We caught the Shane Pruitt Band and a bit of the Skyla Burrell Blues Band, but had to head back to the Boro before headliner Bobby Parker took the stage. The music was good, too; but the thing that most caught my eye was the preponderance of redheaded people- a/k/a "gingers"- that populated the place. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a ginger.

At first, it wasn't so bad. Here's the crowd, see? But look, over in the right-hand corner...

See? Right there!

Look! There's another one.

Hmmm. I'm detecting a pattern here: that read-headed gal sitting just ahead of me bore a striking resemblance to the beer cooler sitting next to me. Maybe terrorists are turning Palmetto State denizens into beer coolers! Maybe that's why Shane Pruitt wants us to give him back his wig!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rather fond of "Gingers". Know a few and have a Grandson who is one! Sounds like you and Diane get a lot of enjoyment from these excursions.....makes me smile.:) fdb

superdave524 said...

Some of my favorite people are gingers. My hair has, as you know, trended red from time to time (yours, too, Frandy, but not Ronald McDonald red!).

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but mine was, lets say, "enhanced". :) fdb

Anonymous said...

Ginger is good in hair. It's good in a snap and in an ale. but it's no darn good in cats. It was Ginger the cat that helped bring down Narnia.

-CSL

superdave524 said...

Not an uncommon occurance, Frandy. My daughter's hair hue is enhanced. I always liked the natural color of her hair. I'm not sure she knows what that is anymore.

Ah, Mr. Lewis, it is a pleasure to have your visit. I've read your Chronicles to each of my children at least once (to Davis, twice. I've also enjoyed probably twenty other of your books). 'Tis true: never trust a cat.

Anonymous said...

Both of my offspring are natural redheads; only 9% of the population!

superdave524 said...

Nine percent of the population? Man, you got a lot of kids, Anon!