Monday, December 28, 2009

A Ministry of Cleaning Out Refrigerators.

Although the primary source of my distinctly non-subtle sense of humor was my wild and crazy dad, my mom (well, mine and AndyMan's mom) could be a pretty funny person, too. A few years after mom joined the Sisters of the Transfiguration, I went up to the Convent in Glendale, Ohio, to visit. She was taking her turn cleaning the kitchen, and opined to me and the remainder of those present that she had a special "ministry of cleaning out refrigerators". When the Apostle Paul talked about the special gifts doled out to the faithful, he may not have specifically mentioned a ministry of cleaning out refrigerators, but I chalk that up to the extensive lag time between his ministry and the invention of the refrigerator.

I've listed The Manor for sale, and it has been pointed out to me that a disgusting refrigerator, in the current economy, is not conducive to a quick real estate sale. My refrigerator qualified as disgusting, so I figured it was time to give it a bath.

So I did.

Hey, that's a good looking refrigerator!

Now I just gotta get some food.

4 comments:

jrtnutt said...

Wow you have enough food in there to feed an Army ;)
Good Job Dave. Looks great.

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Tam ('course, as to the food, that'd be a very, very small army).

Star said...

Snazzy! It looks like you have the staples in there...and I'll give you an A+ if there's vodka in the freezer.

superdave524 said...

Durn! So close. No, Star. No vodka. My current alcohol configuration is simply Scotch.