Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I Still haven't Found What I'm Looking For" Smackdown: The Departed

Saw The Departed the other day. Cool movie. Matt Damon plays Colin Sullivan, a crooked cop loyal to local mobster Frank Costello, played by Jack Nicholson. Leonardo DiCaprio plays Billy Costigan, a crooked mobster loyal to the Massachusetts State Police. When the State Police figure out that Costello has a guy or guys inside the Police, it's Damon's character's job to find him. Shouldn't be too hard, since he's the mole. Anyway, this isn't the first movie where one of the characters is supposed to hunt down himself, but it's the first in this Smackdown. I've got two others in mind right now. How 'bout you?

6 comments:

Star said...

Armando and I took my parents to see The Departed when it was in the theater. My mom was "sleeping" within ten minutes...in other words, she couldn't handle the language or violence. So she and I left, and Armando and my dad stayed to watch it. When we came back to the theater, my dad was one unhappy camper.

That's when we started telling my parents that they can no longer go to rated "R" movies.

superdave524 said...

Well, it's a Martin Scorcese movie about the Mob, so, you know, there were clues that it'd have profanity and violence. It would certainly have been misleading to call it "the feel-good movie of 2006".

kate said...

That movie gave me nightmares! But as someone who lived in Boston and recognizes so many spots...that movie is a treat and a trip down memory lane.

superdave524 said...

I hope it's just the buildings you remember. I've heard how vicious some of our Irish kinfolk can be when they set their mind to it.

Mr. Matt said...

You want good Irish Boston, check out the Boondocks Saints.

superdave524 said...

Prolly will, Ange.