Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We will, we will Roku.

I've always been proud to be on the trailing edge of technology. I didn't get a CD player until, like, 1990. I still own records. Once in awhile, I make an exception. Lady Di got me a Roku for Christmas. What's Roku? it's one of those thing-a-ma-bobs you attach to your television set that let's you stream stuff from your computer. Not everything, mind you, but stuff like Netflix movies and t.v. shows and Pandora radio. So, now I can finally watch old shows, like "24" without waiting for the mailman to bring the newest disc. How cool is that?

4 comments:

Star said...

It is very cool! You'll never buy another DVD again.

There are a hundred different programs (including international radio stations), but my fav is a program called "Pandora." You create your own radio stations, based on your music preference. VERY cool.

Enjoy!

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Star. We still get some DVDs mailed to us, because they don't make everything available on Roku, but I'm thinking we'll get significantly fewer as time goes by. My first station on Pandora was "John Mellencamp". Lady Di has some very different choices, as you might imagine. There are also tons of other stations you can get (though I'm really not that interested in "The Yoga Network")

col said...

this is awesome SD. the way of video consumption in the future. people pulling down their fave choices on demand. i stream netflix thru my wii and felt super high tech when i successfully got it to work!

superdave524 said...

Maybe we'll start streaming "The Mentalist", Col.