Monday, January 10, 2011

Give Me Monet (That's What I Want)...

This morning, as I looked vaguely out of my back window at the icestorm beyond, I was struck by a "life imitates art, imitates life" moment. I've been out of the U.S. of A. only three times in my life. In one of those visits my buddy, Dirk, took me to the Vincent Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. He left an impression on me (or, I should say, a "post-impressionist" impression). See how that view out of the window is reminiscent of the blurred quasi-reality in Van Gogh's paintings? No? Maybe I'm crazy. Wait, that's what HE said!

Well, maybe Claude Monet is more like it.

Yeah, give me Monet; that's what I want!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are ya'll having a "snow day" (ice day?) in the Boro? All we have is rain and weather cold enough to freeze your nose OFF! fdb

superdave524 said...

As a matter of fact, we did have an "ice day", Frandy. Colleton County (and a good bit of the Lowcountry) was off today (noses remained on).