Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'll Melt With You.

Among the presents that Lady Di and I received at our nuptials was a gift card for The Melting Pot. Generally, when I think melting, I think of Salvador Dali's "The Persistence of Memory": melting watches; not melting pots. I'm unaware of ever having been all that fond of fondue. Still, a memory persists of a meal I had at the Melting Pot in Tallahassee long, long ago, when I was still in school.


No Melting Pots in the Boro, but opportunity knocked as Lady Di had a seminar in the Palmetto State's capitol city of Columbia, which does have such a restaurant.


Look at all the healthy appetizers! Broccoli, apple slices, cauliflower and carrots to go along with cubes of various varieties of baked breads. Just zero-out the nutritious gains of the veggies by dunking them in a rich mix of wine and french cheeses, and you've got yourself a right tasty appetizer.


The sampling of Filet Mignon, peppercorn encrusted sirloin, chicken, duck and ravioli was very nice (sadly, Diane had the shrimp to herself. No shellfish for myself on account of allergies). The dessert fondue sauce was white chocolate creme brulee, which was torched to caramelize the sugar.


And they brought out some cool stuff we got to dunk in it, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, THAT settles it!!! I am officially hungry! fdb

superdave524 said...

Those desserts were awesome, Frandy (though Diane harrumphed about the fat and calories).