Thursday, June 24, 2010

I did not bet on baseball.

Okay, that's not, precisely speaking, true. In fairness to me, it wasn't true when Pete Rose said it either. It is true that I didn't bet on any Palmetto State games. Wish I had: both the Gamecocks and the Clemson Tigers won their games in the College World Series. Instead, I bet on the Seminoles to beat TCU. I was feeling pretty good until the 8th inning, when, well... I don't wanna talk about it. Lady Di likewise threw her money in the street in her wager that the Detroit Tigers would whip the New York Mets. At least the Seminoles took the Gators down before heading back home to Tallahassee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was very disappointed, but actually not too surprised. Sadly that seems to be our M.O. HOWEVER, beating the Gators was really sweet!!! Love those Noles. fdb

superdave524 said...

Me, too, Frandy.

Mr. Matt said...

Bah! Beat by the Horned Frogs!
Bah!

superdave524 said...

...who were then beat by the Bruins. Double Bah!