Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Time to Get a Gun, Redux

There are a lot of issues that get people's blood up. Guns are one of 'em. I've been hunting a few times. I'm not really good at it, but I've been. Don't worry, Bambi's safe; I've only ever seen two deer on the few deer hunts I've been on, and I didn't get a good shot either time. Still, I love to eat meat, and I'm under no delusions about where it comes from. Hunters also have been prime movers in conservation. Ducks Unlimited has been responsible for conserving lots of land for hunting. You can't (legally) hunt in a subdivision, right? Trees, spotted owls, snail darters benefit, so I'm good with Ducks Unlimited. Shotguns? No problem. Pistols? Well, it's a little more complicated. I'll bravely take a spot on the fence, for now. Automatic weapons with extended clips? Armor-piercing ammo? Nah. Include me out. You gotta love the old debate on Boston Legal:

No comments: