Monday, June 11, 2012

Hairy Potter and the Craft Show.

Lady Di and I did the Spoleto thing again this year. Old Crow Medicine show. A funny play by Thomas and Judy Heath. Art exhibits. Lots of food. And, oh yeah, the craft show. Whilst at the craft show, we happened on the dude at left (the picture at left, and the guy with the Tilley hat. No, that's me. The OTHER dude with the Tilley hat). The guy worked with clay, which, by his own admission, made him a potter. I asked him how long he'd sported the beard. He said twenty years or so. I told him that made him a hairy potter well before J.K. Rowling came up with the idea. He told me I'd gone to an awful lot of work for not that great a joke. He still let have a picture with him, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....the man doesn't know you!! I saw that coming a mile away! Good one, Dave. :) fdb

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Frandy.