Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Guy Walks in to the Clemson Extension Service...

...and says, "I'm just starting a farm. I want to grow eggplants, but it doesn't seem to be working". "Tell me what you've been doing", the Agent requested. "Well", the Farmer said, "I went to the store and bought a dozen eggs. I dug twelve holes about four inches deep, and I buried 'em. I've been watering 'em regular, but so far, nothin'. What am I doin' wrong?", the Farmer asked. The agent pondered it for a minute, stroked his chin and said, "Well, first I'm gonna need a soil sample...".

By the way, this is NOT a Clemson joke. You can use any state's agricultural assistance program just as easily. Anyhow, I thought of that old joke as I savored Lady Di's eggplant parmigiana. Quarter-inch slices of eggplant dipped in an eggwash and breaded with a mixture of seasoned breadcrumbs and fresh-grated Parmesan cheese, sauteed in olive oil, and set in layers with tomato sauce made from tomatoes, garlic, onions, and herbs from the farmer's market in between. Sprinkle some Mozzarella on the top, bake for half an hour, and serve it on a bed of angel hair pasta. Good for what ails ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, you are rapidly becoming to dinner, what Tom McEwen was to breakfast!!! :) fdb

Anonymous said...

Added comment: Diane's food not only sounds like it tastes good, but it is served in a pretty manner!

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Frandy. That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in awhile. Diane's practically a chef, you know. You oughta get up to the Palmetto State, so you can write your own review!

Mr. Matt said...

Fools! 4", he's not planting them deep enough!