Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baffled.

I like birds. Lady Di likes birds. I've had bird feeders. Lady Di has a bird feeder. Squirrels like a lot of the same stuff birds like. Squirrels chase away the nice birds. Squirrels are the enemy. I've fought_this_battle_before. This time we've listened. Moved the bird feeder away from the trees, and bought a little metal wrap, called a baffle, to deter these tree-rats. So far, so good: the squirrels seem sufficiently baffled (and this guy gave me an evil stare). In honor of Spoleto, I've edited the photo to make it more, you know, "artsy".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mother was a big time bird watcher. Her advice to me when asked about deterring squirrels: "I've found it easiest to just buy enough for the squirrels too."

superdave524 said...

That is very evolved. Jesus probably would've approved. Me? I used to be more "live and let live" regarding squirrels... but I never bought much birdseed, either.

Diane said...

I don't disagree Frandy; however, we seem to have very social squirrels with many, many friends. I also like to go to Birds Unlimited and buy cool bird seed. So, I am pretty excited about "baffling" the squirrels. :)

Diane said...

I don't disagree Frandy; however, we seem to have very social squirrels with many, many friends. I also like to go to Birds Unlimited and buy cool bird seed. So, I am pretty excited about "baffling" the squirrels. :)

superdave524 said...

So nice, she said it twice!

Anonymous said...

A "baffle" worked on our pear tree! We stopped doing the feeder thing---as you say, it got too costly. Now have a bird-bath to watch. Birds love it, especially in this hot weather. The birds have taken to eating the dry cat food....squirrel won't venture onto the porch----yet! fdb

superdave524 said...

Those are intreprid birds you got there, Frandy. I'm not sure Tweety ever messed with Sylvester's food...