Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Greenday.

Green Day's been around awhile now. I've been a fan since their first c.d., Dookie, hit the charts, I took oldest to see them when he was about the age the Lads are now. That was, what, 8 years ago? Sumpin' like that. Saw them with Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World in Atlanta. This was before American Idiot cemented Green Day's certain entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and Blink 182 was headlining, because Green Day didn't have an album out. Green Day was easily the best show. The energy was great and they seemed to genuinely enjoy performing. Green Day's in Atlanta again this weekend, and babymamma and I got tickets for the Lads. 'Course, somebody's got to take them...

Dookie had several hits, but Longview was my favorite.



The Lads' favorite from Green Day's new effort, 21st Century Breakdown, is 21 Guns.



Peacemaker's mine.



Anyway, gotta get back to work. I'll post the trip when I get back.

8 comments:

Star said...

I personally like the song 'American Idiot.'

superdave524 said...

Me, too, Star.

kate said...

Safe travels. I miss your comments!

superdave524 said...

I always check in, Kate. I've been busy lately, but I'll stop by (and thank you for stopping by here, too).

Jersey Girl 46 said...

I keep forgetting to ask, how is your marathon training going? I ran 3.5 today. Not speedy gonzalez, but I was happy I could do it...

superdave524 said...

Er, not great, JG. I generally don't do much during the weeks I have trials, and, to boot, I hurt my back. I'll be back at it for a 3.5 miler tomorrow morning, then it's off to ATL for Green Day!

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Good luck on the run, don't push it if you are not feeling it. I hurt my foot and I made it worse a few weeks ago.

Have fun at Green Day!

superdave524 said...

Thanks, JG. We did.