Monday, February 16, 2009

Manic Monday.

6:00- Go for a run.
6:30- Wake up a son.
"Just five more minutes, Dad?"
"All right. Five more minutes, Lad"
6:45- Hmmm. More than five minutes. These boys are cunning;
I don't hear the water running.
"I know you'd sleep another hour,
but you must get up, and get a shower".
7:00- Wake the other one.
"Get up, Child, it's time to learn".
"Why me, Dad? It's Tyler's turn".
"I know that, Taylor; he's already been".
"Oh. Can I sleep five more minutes, then?"
7:20- Get them fed.
"Cereal or toasted jelly bread?"
7:30- "Boys, brush your teeth; why aren't you dressed? Get out of bed!".
7:45- Off to school.
7:50- Darn slow driver, "Move it, fool!"
7:55- We've found our way.
But where are the cars? Oh, it's President's Day.

Still Monday, though:

10 comments:

Star said...

Your kids have school on President's Day?

Chase Squires said...

I love it! (But we do have school today ... bummer)

superdave524 said...

No, Star. Guess that's why there weren't any cars at the school!

Yeah, Chase, but you love your school so much you're paying them to go.

Mr. Matt said...

Sadly we have school today, but that's ok, we don't have it next Monday. It must be Pope's Day or something next week.

John in IL said...

FWIW, the official federal holiday is called Washington's Birthday. I like that better because I'm sure where the apostrophe goes. When I see President's Day, I wonder what President we are talking about?

RC said...

how funny...that's great.

crazy.

superdave524 said...

Pope's day works for me, Ange. Anything for a day off.

Guess I goofed on the apostrophe, John. Whatever the Feds call it, they call it Presidents' Day (Lincoln and Washington) in the Palmetto State.

Thanks, RC.

(and did you guys work today, Star?)

John in IL said...

You didn't goof, Dave. I looked it up. In SC, you celebrate President's Day/Washington's Birthday. You are not celebrating Lincoln's birthday (I suppose you could if you wanted to).

Mr. Matt said...

I got the skinny (actually he's portly) on next monday. We have it off because it's the Bishop's day. This pontif wanna be is making us work on Saturday so we get Monday off. How nice.

superdave524 said...

Isn't the internet an amazing thing? I guess it doesn't surprise me that SC doesn't want to honor Lincoln. I know they didn't like him much when he was president (at least the people that were allowed to vote didn't).

and, Ange, is the Bishop portly, or is it just me?