Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blessed.

"The interest is up and the Stock Market's down, and you only get mugged if you go downtown", Hank Williams, Jr. opined in an old song. He found some stuff to get excited about, anyway (in addition to "A Country Boy Can Survive" he's unequivocally stated that, if Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, he doesn't want to go. 'Course, if Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, he probably won't be invited). It's all about perspective, I guess. I've found God in some interesting places, as I've mention before in myPlato and a Platypus post, but you gotta kept your ears and eyes open. Like everyone, I've got some challenges, but I'm grateful for my lovely bride, my good health, and the chance- if only a small one- to help folks once in awhile. Lucinda Williams found blessings in some strange places, too (but if you'd rather listen to Bocephus, you can).

Lucinda.

Hank.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I forget how much I like Lucinda Williams. I own 2 CDs, but with Pandora and IPOD etc. I don't listen to my CDs as much. Think I'll do that tonight.

Thanks for the positive post on our blessings. I am very blessed to have you too.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
superdave524 said...

You're welcome, Darling (and thank you).

Anonymous said...

I have found that if I look hard enough I can always find something for which to be thankful---and just when I am thinking of feeling sorry for myself, I will see something or someone that/who reminds me just how blessed I really am! Thanks David for reminding us. fdb

superdave524 said...

You're welcome, Frandy.