Thursday, October 22, 2009

Roadtrip: Michigan, Part 1 (well, 2 if you count the leaf pix)

We left from the nearby Savannah, Georgia, airport. See? They have a mural. My ex's husband, Darryl, works there. Hmmm... THAT explains the strip searches (actually, Darryl's not a bad guy).


We traveled via NWA. Wait. I thought I already mentioned NWA. Never saw Dr. Dre or Flava Flav, either.







We arrived at the Detroit Metro Airport. See? They have a mural, too. There is a really cool section with crazy changing lights. Diane's brother-in-law, Norb, did the wiring for a lot of the airport, including that section. Sadly, my camera took a few minutes off during that stretch.





Our rental car was a Mazda. Geez, just the brand you want in the Motor City. It actually had a "buy American" sticker on the back bumper. We tried to explain that Ford had bought out the Japanese auto maker, but, still...



We picked up some groceries on the way in. Apparently, a lot of the food came with directions. We saw "Hit", "Squash", and "Face Pumpkins". We obeyed.






After procuring our wares, we arrived at sister Jenny's very nice home in Novi. More later.

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I'd rather walk than fly Northwestern ... they even gave us $100 flight vouchers for our trouble last time ... I threw them away, Northwestern Sucks.

(glad you didn't die or contract a fatal illness on their flight)

superdave524 said...

The plane was tiny (as comedian Ron White has said, it was a matchbox with wings), but they got us there.

Chase Squires said...

You're lucky! did you see in the news where Northwest Pilots missed their destination by 150 miles and had to turn back?! They missed Minneapolis! In the nighttime, that place must be lit up like crazy, and they "missed" it!

superdave524 said...

I heard they were sleeping. Geez, I'd've been in Canada.

COL said...

Dave, I read that as "my ex husband." like 4 times. I was thinking, wait is Diane posting on SD's blog? Or, does Dave have a more adventurous past than I'm aware of? I was perplexed.

Star said...

I love my Zoom Zoom. When American motor companies start making fuel efficient cars, then I'll consider buying one.

Regardless, I will own a Mustang one day :)

superdave524 said...

Nah, Col. Over the course of years I've come to believe (or come to understand. Whatev) that, if you find someone you love, it doesn't matter whether they're the same gender as you; still, God made me attracted to girls (a girl in particular, in fact). To allay the confusion of the role of an ex's current spouse, a friend refers to his ex's current as his "husband-in-law". By the by, I have invited Diane to do a guest post on one leg of our MI trip. Hope she'll do it.

I LOVED my SpongeBobMobile, Star. Mustangs are not sensible cars, but they are a lot of fun.