Thursday, October 29, 2009

I thought there was a vaccine for that?

I caught some polo the other day. Coupla chukkas, anyway. Some sort of charity for an arts center or sumpin'. Best I could tell, it was about eating and drinking, mostly. Apparently, there were also some dudes playing croquet on horses. The local team, the Casa Verdes (Spanish for "Green House". The owner of the team, and three of the players are from the noted Charleston Limehouse family), beat the visiting Aiken Outriders 5 to 4.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is about what I thought it was-----is there no spanish word for "lime"? :) fdb

superdave524 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
superdave524 said...

One on-line English
toSpanish has it "la casa de cal", cal, apparently being the fruit. They had nouns and verbs for "lime", but no adjectives. Guess that's why they went with "green".

Chase Squires said...

chukka kahn, chukka kahn!

superdave524 said...

My favorite interpretation of Rufus' classic is "chopped pecans".

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online greater than 3 hours lately, but I never found any attention-grabbing article
like yours. It is lovely value sufficient for me.

In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably
did, the internet will probably be much more helpful than ever before.


My web page: acoustic guitar chord