Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie.

It rained all day today. Lady Di and I'd planned on working in the yard, but it was not to be. We made the best of it. We picked up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, carrots, celery, red potatoes, onions, red peppers, peas and leeks (yes, I said peas and leeks. What are you, twelve? Geesh), and got to work. Lady Di boiled the chicken breasts with a quartered onion, a couple of celery stalks, and a tablespoon of peppercorns, while I chopped up the leek, the potatoes, some carrots and the red pepper. Chef Di removed the chicken to the refrigerator, strained the chicken stock, then added a couple minced cloves of garlic, garlic powder and the vegetables and boiled them for a bit before adding the chopped chicken back in with a thickening sauce of flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder (mighta been baking soda, too, but I snuck off and watched basketball for awhile, so I can't be sure...). She mixed up some biscuit dough for the topper, and baked it up nice. And waddya got? David Cross knows:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, my mouth is watering! One of my favorite dishes!! I made potato/onion/sausage soup this a.m. for the same reason....it was raining and that just calls for comfort food. fdb

superdave524 said...

Yum right back atcha! Trade you a plate of chicken pot pie for a bowl of potato soup.

Anonymous said...

Deal! :) fdb