Monday, November 15, 2010

Rice, Rice, Baby.

I'm smack dab in the middle of a two-week term of criminal court, so I've been, you know, busy. Still, I'm never too busy to enjoy a fine meal. Together with the marvelous salmon and beautifully prepared spinach, I supped tonight on Minnesota Wild Rice. Never heard of it? Neither had I. Lady Di cooked up some wild rice, then mixed in toasted chopped pecans, and a saute of onions and sliced mushrooms, and baked it all in a casserole for another twenty-five minutes. Lovely.

7 comments:

Star said...

Oooh that looks delic! I'm in detox til Thanksgiving, so enjoy all that yummy food for me too :)

Mr. Matt said...

That there is some good eats! Wash that down with a quart of Butterbeer and Luminos! You got an evening!

superdave524 said...

Not my best photo, Star, but it was mighty good eats. Ange, the Harry Potter references got me revved! I've already got tickets for Saturday (not opening) night.

Anonymous said...

You, David, are being well fed!!! I am going to the midnight showing of H.P. w/teen neighbors. Got throughly hooked on the books through Katie. fdb

superdave524 said...

Color me jealous, Frandy. I've got to wait a day.

Mr. Matt said...

Shoot, Ali and Pottered in IMAX at 12:01 am on Friday (that's really like Thursday night!)

Yes, Friday was rough at school, but which family got to tell the whole school where part one ended and what Harry and Hermoine looked like sans garb? That's right, the Mathews' did!

superdave524 said...

TT, D and I saw it Saturday. Oh, yeah!