Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Not Feelin' Too Good, Myself.

The system works pretty well when everybody is doing their jobs right. This system didn't work very well this week. I wasn't feeling too great, and flipped open the Psalter in my copy of the Book of Common Prayer, randomly, and hit Psalm 82. Sleep was fleeting last night, so I got up around 5 a.m., and picked up the Psalter again and, randomly (or so I thought), hit 38:14. The current (1979) Episcopal Psalter is based on the 1535 English Reformation translation by Miles Coverdale, and is designed to be read aloud at services, so it doesn't always correspond exactly with the King James, New International or New American Standard versions. I like it a lot, and it pretty well told me where the problem was this week:

"But I have become like one who does not hear*
and from whose mouth comes no defense"

Not a good thing for a defense attorney.

No time to wallow, though. I've got another murder trial next week.

2 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

good days, bad days. There is no past there is no future, the only time is now. Live in it, squeeze the pulp out of it!

superdave524 said...

True, dat. Thanks, Brudda (and congrats on your most recent 50-miler (and at altitude!).