Sunday, December 27, 2009

EggMcMathews

When my brother, the Amazing AndyMan, and I were youngish lads growing up in Cigar City, we witnessed the advent of McDonald's Egg McMuffins. We liked them. We seldom got to have them. We developed our own answer: the Egg McMathews. Basically the same ingredients, but, you know, made at home. I'd passed this story along to financee and fab cook, Diane, and she prepared a surprise for the day-after-Christmas: the new and improved Egg McMathews. Toasted English muffins, topped with lean Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and (instead of mega-fattening Hollandaise sauce) a lite cheese sauce that was way-good. I had to tease her about her ultra-healthy choice of eggs, though. They were advertised as the eggs of "organic, vegetable fed" chickens. I didn't realize that meat-eating chickens were abundant.




Of course, nobody wants the horrid specter of zombie chickens eggs!. Hmmm. Maybe Diane does have the right idea afterall.

2 comments:

Star said...

Wow...those look delish! Nice work, Diane!

superdave524 said...

That was some good eatin', I'll tell you what.