Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Nice Salad

If my mom ever went to France, she never mentioned it. Thus I remained perplexed at her insistence on serving a Nice_Salad with meals. You know, "Well, I guess we can have some pork chops, green beans, and a nice salad". Oh... "nice" with a long "I", not Nice like my brother's daughter. Gotcha. 'Course, I'm not really sure what "nice" adds to the description. Nice as opposed to what? "We can have some pork chops, and maybe a surly salad, because, frankly, I'm feeling rather churlish". Whatever. Diane served up a nice salad the other night. Glad she was in a good mood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seeing artichokes and blk. olives that is all I would need for it to be "nice"!!!! fdb

superdave524 said...

It was a very nice salad. Homemade balsamic vinagrette dressing, purple onions and avocado chunks too!

Mr. Matt said...

SuperD, here's a news flash, mom's salads may have been nice, they just weren't very good. I was married for about 3 days when I found out that there was another kind of lettuce besides iceberg. I have not bought iceberg since, heck I won't even watch Titanic!

superdave524 said...

A good mom? Yes. A good cook? Well, at least we got to eat at Frandy's a lot!