Friday, August 3, 2012

Virginia's Finest.

Okay, where were we? Ah, yes, leaving West Virginia... (I know. I know. We came back from Michigan a couple of weeks ago, and I mixed in a story from my youth; still, I've got this completion thing).  We exited a tunnel from the relatively steep mountains of West Virginia into the relatively rolling mountains of Virginia. Both are pretty, but you can feel the difference. Virginia just seems more orderly. Some pretty good musicians from The Old Dominion, but for me it begins and ends with the providentially named Dave Matthews Band (Dave Matthews was named after me. What's that you say? Dave Matthews' parents had no reason to borrow my moniker? True enough. The fact remains that, since he was born seven years after I was born, he was named after I was). Though Mr. Matthews was born in South Africa, his famous band was formed in Charlottesville, VA. You've already heard some of the music from North and South Carolina, so I think that'll do for this roadtrip. Next week, I'll share my trip to the Lone Star State.

No comments: