Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bikes, Bikes, Baby.

It's been awhile since I've been on a bike. I used to bicycle quite a bit, but somewhere along the line my bike came up missing. Lady Di remedied that by buying a bike for my birthday. Now, technically my birthday's still more than a month off, but, well, the weather's been really pretty, and late May's hot... Anyhow, Walterboro's "Eat Smart, Move More" project featured a "Let's Bike" day today.
We got up too late for the festivities, but we decided to take a ride down to the Great Swamp Sanctuary on our own. I bragged about Greenville's lovely park last post, but I do love our own little park (and it's a couple hundred miles closer to home).

Gotta be careful where we ride; there're critters everywhere.

Most of 'em won't bug you, though. This shy little fella could hardly wait to get away from us.

This dude was a good bit less shy, and we beat a hasty retreat after I snapped his pic.

Bye, bye, gator.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a perfect day in the "Boro"

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Don't I see that gator still lurking on the bank behind Diane? Keep in mind that they can RUN. (love the pictures) fdb

superdave524 said...

Indeed, Gale.

That is a gator lurking behind Diane, Frandy. Phil's taught me to respect gators. That bike was handy, and we were ready to roll.