Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Roadtrip: West Ashley, Too

Needed to run a few errands on the near-side of Charleston today, so Diane and I loaded into her car (whom we've named "Ike". I've tried to impress upon her the need to name one's vehicles. Could well be she's humoring me). Anyhow, today's journey was about shoes and food. What's not to love? First, it's off to the Bicycle/running/swimming store for some new feet coverings.

Diane's first choice for a parking spot was ill-advised. Towing appeared to be the least of the bad consequences for the unfortunate non-customer to park in front of the Carolina Rod and Gun Shop. Let's move over a couple of spots.
Ah, here we are.



















Our earnest attendant sold me a pair of ASICS. Now let's go find some food. On to Earth Fare for a meal and some grocery shopping. I have some trepidation here, as my past experiences with dine-in/grocery combos generally involved things liked pickled pig's feet.


Sushi for the evening meal? Right tasty. And, yeah, that's eel wrapped around that California roll. On to the grocery section.



Ten Mile wine? Guess I coulda had two of these last Saturday.











Apples and chocolate!









Geez. Only Earth Fare could make chocolate sound so unappetizing. And $12.00 a pound? Still, Diane bought it, and you can bet your sweet bippie I'm gonna eat some of it.





On to the checkout line. And checkout this dude: Checks and stripes together? Really? The amazing thing about this dude is that he appeared to have a wife with him. I didn't catch what she was wearing.




Back to the Boro. Let's have a look at the shoes and new running socks. Imo be unbeatable now. Shoot, It'd be unpatriotic to whoop me.

4 comments:

Star said...

Hey! Those are MY shoes. (Uhh yeah, I wear men's shoes. I certainly hope yours are bigger). Anyway beware: they are FAST!

superdave524 said...

I've heard of the legendary Star feet. These are 11's. Probably they'd be fast if you were wearing them. For me? We'll see.

jrtnutt said...

They appear Pink. Please tell me hey are not Pink :)

superdave524 said...

In real life, the shoes are red (though it is breast cancer awareness month, and pink shoes are the bomb in the NFL this month!).