Monday, May 7, 2012

Take it Easy.

I don't really mind squirrels. Heck, when they're not bogarting the bird food, they're kind of entertaining. This dude was chilling out on the back porch a little while back. I've been acting squirrelly for years, but I used to feel a little guilty about my love of naps. I don't feel so bad about taking it easy as I used to, though. I used to have big plans, but it's occured to me of late that I will probably never be the President of the United States. I'm never gonna be a billionaire. Or a millionare. I have been a thousand-aire, but I managed to burn through it with alacrity. It's okay. Shoot, I even got a little support from Psalm 131:

Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me.

Or, you can listen to the Eagles, or Alan Jackson, if you'd rather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The squirrels in our neighborhood are so sure of themselves that they don't "scamper" across the street anymore...they "amble"!
p.s. We had a bear "amble" through night before last.

superdave524 said...

I know what you mean. The squirrels aren't just eating the birdfeed, they're asking for menus!

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.
I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided
me.

my webpage: home renovation (http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com)